In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1camello feminine informaljíbaro masculine Colombia Venezuela slangconecte masculine Mexico slang
- There's no point in arresting that pusher who hangs out in the schoolyard.
- Life would be better without drug takers and drug pushers.
- We have targeted buildings used by drug pushers and people who carry illegal firearms.
- They act like pushers selling cheap drugs to a gullible public with the financial sector as the intermediary.
- People with small amounts are just told to go on their way by police, people with large amounts are jailed as drug pushers.
- It does not, however, fit easily with the image of the drug pusher using free drugs as a way to entice new (nondrug using) clientele.
- For example, it should be the same as drug pushers, to an extent.
- Some pusher they picked up said Jack was a buyer for Russ.
- The message sent here is there is one rule for gun runners and drug pushers, and another set for Panday and his supporters, and that is wrong.
- His vigilant eyes came to life as he spotted his preys: it was a group of drug pushers and thieves.
- He warned it would lead to an open season for drug pushers in the District.
- The psychotic pill pusher reportedly refused to leave, sending both doctor and patient fleeing for their lives.
- They complained the drug pusher was selling methamphetamine drugs with no apparent fear of the law.
- Now, parents, if you haven't already, please take the time to talk to your kids about huffing before some pusher does.
- I am saying that if people had somewhere they could legally buy cannabis, the drug pushers would have lost a huge part of their market.
- The need for confidentiality cannot and should not prevent identification and prosecution of drug dealers and pushers.
- Next time I might tell you about my favourite beach pusher.
- The young people want to see the problems of drug pushers and vandalism tackled.
- He claimed Gardaí are failing to tackle drug pushers and are ignoring dealers operating just metres away.
- In fact, he is just another punk amateur pusher, with his eye on the next buck, which will lead him on to the first million.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.