In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- By comparison, the Cadillac's 16 overhead valves and pushrods sound trite at best.
- Lifter lubrication is delivered down the pushrods from the galleries that oil the rocker arms.
- Also, use the flashlight to examine the elevator pushrod bolts.
- Nascar uses pushrod engines and at the moment we don't make one.
- Rectangular tube is used for the chassis, with the fabricated pushrod suspension being made from round section.
- The only downside is that it uses long pushrods.
- A single big cam is used to pushrod operate two valves per cylinder at the top end, inside aluminium cylinder heads.
- For example, the GM V8 in the GTS is still a pushrod engine.
- By placing a cam phasing system on the camshaft, a pushrod engine can be tuned to take much higher levels of exhaust gas recirculation.
- Rust inhibitors protect iron/steel parts, such as lifters and pushrods, from oxygen attack.
- The base-model GXi came with an ageing Endura 1.3 pushrod engine producing just 60 bhp.
- Because the pushrod doesn't actuate the valve, no combustion takes place.
- A new cylinder head design employs the transfer arm and pushrod to locate the exhaust valve across the head from the dual intake valves.
- The Breva is powered by an air-cooled, fuel injected, 90 degree, V twin pushrod engine pumping out 35.5kW.
- Stacked one above the other, the camshafts operate three valves per cylinder (two intakes) via short pushrods.
- The F400 uses a pushrod design and all the wishbones are aerodynamically shaped.
- No pushrod, rocker arm, or lifter is infinitely stiff; they all bend and deflect to various degrees.
- Tanzi stated, ‘The pushrod is the last thing you put in an engine that determines proper valvetrain geometry.’
- If you've written off pistons and pushrods as obsolete 20 th-century artifacts, you're ahead of the game.
- ‘The new engine we put in the car on Saturday night uses a different lifter, and we didn't have the right size pushrods,’ said Haddock.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.