In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Two months later, the purulent discharge, pustules, and erythema had resolved, and the nodules had diminished in size.
- A few days later, painful blister-like pustules begin to form on the skin.
- Rosacea is a chronic inflammatory facial dermatosis of unknown aetiology characterised by erythema and pustules.
- Crowds don't have hearts, or veins, or pustules, or cancers, though individuals do.
- Mild acne is characterized by the presence of few to several papules and pustules, but no nodules.
- The border of the lesion may contain pustules or follicular papules.
- Lesions consist of erythematous papules, nodules, pustules, verrucous, or granulomatous lesions.
- Numerous small pustules occur on surface of branchial regions.
- The most common signs of folliculitis are red bumps and pustules on the glutes and leg area.
- The lesions develop into 1-5 mm yellow-grey papules or pustules, with surrounding erythema, confined to the follicular ostia.
- In 1789 there was an outbreak of swinepox and Jenner inoculated three people with pustules from this infection.
- Tinea barbae may cause scaling, follicular pustules, and erythema.
- The bumps become pustules - sharply raised, usually round and firm to the touch.
- As the disease progresses, small light colored pustules will form in the center of the spots.
- These pimples vary according to the severity of the acne and range from whiteheads, blackheads, pustules, nodules to cysts.
- All three reactions with early pustule formation indicate concurrent tuberculosis.
- Erythematous papules and pustules characterize inflammatory acne, but comedones may also be present.
- The scalp may appear normal or have areas of erythema and pustule formation.
- How it works on spots: It kills the acne bacteria which cause infection and lead to the formation of spots and pustules.
- Comedones, pustules, and papules may be present.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.