1(interest/accent) fingidohis headache is all put on — lo del dolor de cabeza es puro cuento / puro teatro informal
1(pretense, façade)comedia feminineit's just a put-on — es pura comedia
- A self-confessed Succubus Hunter, it's hard to tell if this guy's nuts or if the site's a put-on.
- The first time I read this New York Sun story, I almost figured it was a put-on.
- Jewish critics of Arendt's reading of Eichmann, instead, believed that Eichmann's normalcy was utterly an illusion or a put-on.
- Of course, if that's a put-on, they're evil geniuses after all.
- ‘Lucky boy,’ she says before the frown - which was always a put-on - gives way to a glorious smile.
- Their Cuban identity may be a put-on, so to speak, but the Postizo crew have got the beat in their blood.
- ‘Frankly, I still have to believe it's a put-on,’ says Ireland.
- My speech, my delivery, my pauses - that's me, not a put-on.
- For those thinking this is a parody or a put-on, please note that it is published by World Ahead Publishing.
- In fact, I myself have uncovered evidence that the whole trip was just a put-on.
- Mathews is, among other things, a master of that now lamentably neglected '60s art form, the put-on.
- The thing I said about the ladies, well, it was just a big put-on.
- For all I know the entire scene might have been a put-on with a hired actor, but I enjoyed the punch line.
- Either this is a put-on, or a reflection of the gut difficulty tribal Democrats have with political intermarriage.
- It's hard to tell if it's brilliant or a put-on, or just a brilliant put-on.
- It's a put-on, really, not too much different than the high-theatre dramatism of five years before, really.
- Sourcing so hysterical you ask if it's a put-on.
- Spade offered them a contrived story about this all being a put-on to make them look foolish.
- The Spanish word you're looking for now is macho - and as most any woman can tell you, it's usually a put-on.
- His accent, according to one teacher was ‘partly natural, partly a put-on.’
2(hoax)cuento masculine informal