In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masilla feminineto be (like) putty in sb's hands
- he's like putty in her hands — hace con él lo que quiere
- before noun putty knife — espátula — para masilla
- He attempted a dozen jobs with screws, hanging-brackets, wood putty and latches.
- These were reinforced with wood putty so they would not to crumple if he decided to take a jog.
- The taste is of stale water with a texture somewhere between used chewing gum and window putty.
- Also, fill all dents and gouges with wood putty or patching compound.
- If you plan to paint, fill the holes with wood putty and sand smooth.
- This seals the wood surface under the putty and prevents the metal frame from rusting.
- A single large sheet of glass was held in place by grooves sawed into the flame; no putty was needed.
- When dry, fill the nail holes with a non-oily wood filler for natural finishes, or putty if the wood is to be painted.
- You can fill in nail holes with wood putty before sanding if you are not planning to stain the wood.
- The panels were then releaded, waterproofed with linseed oil putty, and shipped back to the chapel for reinstallation.
- Using care, scrape the paper off with a putty knife or wallpaper scraper.
- You need a more traditional window than that, with timber frames, panes set in putty, and several paint jobs to soften the edges.
- For deeper damaged areas, apply wood filler with a putty knife and sand level when it dries hard.
- Once you have removed the forward walkway fill the step mounting holes and seams left by the walkway with putty and sand smooth.
- Linseed oil putty is used because when it hardens, it contributes to the structure of the window.
- If the problem is just a few small dings and gouges, these can be quickly prepared with some wood putty.
- After the molding is put up, use wood putty to fill visible nail holes and small gaps for a seamless look.
- Spackle is a soft, white, premixed material that's about the consistency of soft putty.
- Remove the strike plate and fill the screw holes with wood putty or a glued matchstick.
1poner masilla en
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.