In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pirita femininecopper/iron pyrite — pirita de cobre/de hierro
- The mordenite is associated with a hemispherical form of pale yellow calcite and cubic pyrite.
- Chalcopyrite is occasionally found in the manto orebodies as small crystals on sphalerite and pyrite.
- In terms of finance alone, last night was the difference between digging gold or iron pyrites.
- The assemblage present included quartz, chalcopyrite, pyrite, sphalerite, magnetite, and hematite.
- Many conclude that because pyrite is cubic, pyrrhotite must be hexagonal, as it often appears.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.