In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pirómano masculinepirómana feminine
- Following this, pyromaniacs and criminals in Detroit saw it fit to start multiple fires yearly on October 30.
- Long into the night this chicken burned, spitting sparks and smoke, a beacon for pyromaniacs and madmen everywhere.
- The pyromaniacs were at play, led by the Stratton brothers, stoking the fire with gasoline and kindling.
- But he never took the blame, fingering those fictitious pyromaniacs.
- The national press has been pushing stories about arsonist and pyromaniacs and the need to instil harsher penalties.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.