In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(quadruplet)cuatrillizo masculinecuatrilliza feminine
- This is, if you like, the first of twins, triplets, or maybe even quads.
- This lady needs a few of these new medals that are coming out for having two sets of quads.
- You'll see what it's like in one household dealing with quads plus two older children.
- A total of 577 sets of twins, 52 sets of triplets and a set of quads have been invited to the day.
- The return yesterday of the Murphy quads to the place of their birth was a momentous occasion.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.