In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1quad masculinemoto de cuatro ruedas feminine
- Up to fifteen youths in the estate have quad bikes and nowhere to use them.
- The boot space takes the luggage of a family of four, excluding quad bikes.
- Keep your quad bike well maintained, making regular checks to tyre pressures, brakes and throttle.
- I started to notice as I went to and from work that there were one or two regulars riding on quad bikes.
- There will also be quad bikes and a 4x4 off-road area where visitors can drive vehicles.
- The machine called Matilda is constructed of a trailer drawn by a quad bike and has been used at ploughing matches.
- The grass is being ruined by the vans and lorries and by the travellers' quad bikes.
- Fifty nine cars are entered, 35 quad bikes, 25 motorcycles and one truck.
- Goods purchased in this way include sofas, motorcycles and quad bikes.
- Hooligans on quad bikes and motorcycles who terrorise neighbourhoods face anti-social behaviour orders.
- We looked up and saw lads at the side of the ground revving up their quad bikes and motorcycles.
- It took four months to put the quad bike together.
- Property stolen includes equestrian equipment, trailers, quad bikes and garden tools usually stored in outbuildings.
- Some of the best times we had together were spent riding quad bikes off road, up hills and across rivers.
- They hope that this will help to prevent further damage by off-road vehicles, motorbikes, quad bikes and 4x4s.
- He has had a couple of quad bikes and a petrol scooter before.
- At each farm he stole Suzuki, Ferguson and Honda quad bikes and trailers.
- For kids, the fun includes myriad rides, giant tubes, a mini train, quad bikes and camel and pony rides.
- We have had quad bikes and off-road bikes roaring past the garden centre, right through our car park.
- At Plane Tree Hill, Yeadon, they have also helped to stop the illegal use of motor and quad bikes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.