In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It goes beyond quadraphonic, heading for a sound stage of 360 degrees.
- Yet the Floyd's masterful quadrophonic pension plan has retained an amazing capacity to knock people sideways.
- This column was written while under the influence of the original quadraphonic version of Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells.
- He went on to say, ‘I think that you could call it harmony based music with a quadrophonic backdrop.’
- So, we've been pretty much surrounded by quadraphonic icefall throughout the course of the night.
- All very shamanic, I'm sure (and also rather quadraphonic, for that matter).
- And the quadraphonic assemblages of images are often very beautiful.
- Simplified, Black Box is four giant, central screens in a cube-shaped room decked out with top-gun quadraphonic sound.
- Scientists can't check Ohno's hypothesis by watching the DVD of the Y's life story, complete with quadraphonic sound.
- The next day, folks had new TV's, new quadraphonic stereos, new sneakers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.