In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In front of the classroom, her teacher babbled on about how to prove a quadrilateral was a square.
- This point is labelled A 3b, to emphasize that it is a degenerate quadrilateral.
- In which Barbara gets a little taste of karmic justice, as the eternal triangle becomes a quadrilateral.
- When four points are joined, they form a quadrilateral - a four-sided figure.
- The square, another bench mark, has the smallest contour ratio of all quadrilaterals.
- The scene here has a total of 800701 quadrilaterals, and looks like this.
- The cross sectional outline is a quadrilateral having a foot surface, a dorsum and two ‘sides.’
- As part of this project the golden quadrilateral was merged with the East-West and North-South corridors.
- The terrain I generated had a total of over 570000 quadrilaterals.
- These are known as the diagonals of the complete quadrilateral.
- Consider the first nontrivial instance of the equal-area problem, the quadrilateral shown in Figure 1.
- Klein had noticed that given five points, four of them always appeared to define a convex quadrilateral.
- It's this quadrilateral KLMN we are going to be interested in.
- Cut an 8x8 chessboard into two triangles and two quadrilaterals.
- The students were also not aware of relationships among quadrilaterals, such as whether all squares are rectangles or vice versa.
- The complete quadrilateral is nothing but a 4-line in Morley's terminology.
- My guess is that these X's and quadrilateral shapes are caused by windows across the street reflecting the light of the low sun.
- Bennin then showed that the quadrilateral formed by a triangle's equalizer is, indeed, always a Pythagorean quadrilateral.
- In Treatise on the quadrilateral al-Tusi gave the first extant exposition of the whole system of plane and spherical trigonometry.
- For a quadrilateral ABCD find P minimising AP + BP + CP + DP.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.