In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The complete quadrilateral is nothing but a 4-line in Morley's terminology.
- Consider the first nontrivial instance of the equal-area problem, the quadrilateral shown in Figure 1.
- In Treatise on the quadrilateral al-Tusi gave the first extant exposition of the whole system of plane and spherical trigonometry.
- When four points are joined, they form a quadrilateral - a four-sided figure.
- In front of the classroom, her teacher babbled on about how to prove a quadrilateral was a square.
- This point is labelled A 3b, to emphasize that it is a degenerate quadrilateral.
- The scene here has a total of 800701 quadrilaterals, and looks like this.
- These are known as the diagonals of the complete quadrilateral.
- The students were also not aware of relationships among quadrilaterals, such as whether all squares are rectangles or vice versa.
- Bennin then showed that the quadrilateral formed by a triangle's equalizer is, indeed, always a Pythagorean quadrilateral.
- The square, another bench mark, has the smallest contour ratio of all quadrilaterals.
- For a quadrilateral ABCD find P minimising AP + BP + CP + DP.
- In which Barbara gets a little taste of karmic justice, as the eternal triangle becomes a quadrilateral.
- Cut an 8x8 chessboard into two triangles and two quadrilaterals.
- The terrain I generated had a total of over 570000 quadrilaterals.
- The cross sectional outline is a quadrilateral having a foot surface, a dorsum and two ‘sides.’
- Klein had noticed that given five points, four of them always appeared to define a convex quadrilateral.
- My guess is that these X's and quadrilateral shapes are caused by windows across the street reflecting the light of the low sun.
- As part of this project the golden quadrilateral was merged with the East-West and North-South corridors.
- It's this quadrilateral KLMN we are going to be interested in.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.