- She developed Reye's syndrome and was left with brain damage, spastic quadriplegia, and epilepsy and a life expectancy of 40.
- Deep vein thrombosis, anemia, quadriplegia, and paraplegia were similar between the 2 groups.
- Paralysis can involve all four extremities, a condition called quadriplegia or tetraplegia, or only the lower body, resulting in paraplegia.
- The most common forms of cerebral palsy in children who have been born preterm are spastic hemiplegia or quadriplegia (bilateral).
- David was born with hydrocephalus, has spastic quadriplegia and severe learning disabilities, and is virtually blind.