In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cuatrillizo masculinecuatrilliza feminine
- Having given birth to quadruplets in August, the 26-year-old Queensland mother is now pregnant with another four, due in December.
- A Yorkshire woman has given birth to quadruplets, after getting pregnant while taking contraceptive pills.
- The quadruplets, three girls and one boy, were born on July 25 in Shanghai No.1 Maternity and Child Care Hospital by caesarean section.
- But doctors yesterday warned they face a high risk of seeing the new quadruplets born prematurely or with abnormalities.
- The parents of girl quadruplets in Nanjing signed a contract with a Beijing-based advertising company that entrusted it with the girls' growth and education.
- I never expected them to be twins, let alone triplets or quadruplets.
- Indeed, if these early cells separate, they can each continue to develop, making identical twins, triplets, quadruplets, etc.
- The birth of both boy and girl quadruplets has been an extremely rare occurrence in Shanghai in the past 30 years.
- Commotion over multiple births - quadruplets, quintuplets, sextuplets - isn't new.
- Useful documents include notice of a job transfer, a letter from your doctor or birth certificates for the quadruplets.
- But just logistically, I don't know how people do triplets or quadruplets or quintuplets, because I can't carry two babies at the same time.
- Fyodor Vassilyev of Shuya, Russia gave birth to 16 sets of twins, seven sets of triplets and four sets of quadruplets - a world record.
- If I give you a two-hour lunch break today, every worker whose wife gives birth to quadruplets will want one too.
- All seven sets of quadruplets were born before 1994.
- The quadruplets, two boys and two girl babies, are also Niloufer Hospital's first.
- Since in vitro fertilization started, two decades ago, there has been an explosion of twins, triplets, quadruplets, even quintuplets.
- Close to 60 percent of twins, over 90 percent of triplets and virtually all quadruplets and higher multiples are born preterm.
- About 500 sets of quadruplets are born each year in the US, according to the National Centre for Health Statistics.
- While it is possible to look at all possible pairs of markers, examining all possible triplets and quadruplets quickly becomes impractical.
- You four were the first lot of quadruplets born in the Teger.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.