In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Can we really quantify costs in such a rigorous way, for the world as a whole and for a century or more hence?
- This activation can be quantified by measurement of plasma levels of soluble markers.
- Unfortunately, they come up short in providing a tangible value proposition that quantifies what the product actually means to a business.
- And while it is easy to quantify the cost so far, it is much harder to work out how big an impact it will have in future.
- Vega, our fourth and final risk measure, quantifies risk exposure to implied volatility changes.
- IMG said it wasn't possible to quantify the extent of the damage for this year but it said it expected to still to be profitable and generate cash.
- At present we are still quantifying our position but under the terms of our fraud insurance policy are hereby advising you of a potential claim.
- Surface exposure is often quantified using a measure of accessibility of a residue side chain to a solvent molecule.
- Further study should not only continue to highlight but also quantify the cost to society of this.
- This will enable us to determine whether our reuse/recycling business processes can be quantified in monetary terms.
- These measures enabled researchers to quantify each individual act of violence in each film.
- It is impossible to quantify the number of people involved.
- Social capital is also appropriate because it can be measured and quantified.
- On investigation, it turns out that those are the only two targets that are actually quantified and measurable.
- Throughout the whole study, seed desiccation tolerance was quantified both in terms of water content and water activity.
- The fitness component of phage growth rate was measured to quantify this phenomenon.
- Some very smart people have worked on ways to get around these problems or at least to quantify them carefully.
- The UN's project assumes that a price can be put on the environment and that life can be quantified and measured.
- Fluorescence was quantified in terms of average pixel intensity.
- In reality, this argument needs to be taken one step even further, so that some ‘real’ measure of function is quantified.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.