In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Oxygen is able to embrittle beryllium, but there is no quantitative measure of the effect.
- That may be appropriate, but using these qualitative data for quantitative statistics is fraught with difficulty.
- Yet this is in many ways a quantitative rather than a qualitative distinction.
- However, to formalize this we require quantitative measures of the similarity of trees.
- Familiarity is a quantitative measure of the number of buyers familiar with the company.
- In other words, happiness cannot be measured on a quantitative scale in the same way voltage can be.
- We were unable to find evidence of any benefit or detriment for the burden of carers as assessed by two quantitative measures.
- The results are then added to each player's file and used as a quantitative measure of his current physical condition.
- A water medium can be used for all types of algae for qualitative and quantitative studies.
- Evaluation may involve subjective and objective measures and qualitative and quantitative approaches.
- This is particularly important, as the mapping is only as good as the quality of the quantitative phenotypic data.
- This assay is a highly quantitative and direct measure of antibody response to a specific antigen.
- This is not only a quantitative observation but a qualitative one too.
- The transformation of score values assigned to single cells resulted in a quantitative outcome measure for each proband.
- Measuring devices and a quantitative conceptual apparatus go together.
- To analyze the data we employed a combination of qualitative and simple quantitative techniques.
- Only a few exceptional quantitative measures such as aspect ratio, petal area and perimeter are presently available.
- This triangulation of qualitative and quantitative data is one of the strengths of the book.
- One of the few ways we have of doing so is through quantitative and qualitative research, and we have required that that be done.
- Furthermore, polyclonal antibodies were used to assess quantitative and qualitative changes of the enzyme.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.