In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Research into the atom's nucleus has uncovered a variety of subatomic particles, including quarks and gluons.
- The resulting theory would be able to describe the behavior of the universe, from quarks and atoms to entire galaxies.
- In general, baryons consist of three quarks and mesons of one quark and its corresponding antiquark.
- As far as we can tell, quarks, like electrons, are point particles - they don't have any size at all.
- At low temperatures, quarks are confined in hadrons, whereas at higher temperatures they form a quark-gluon plasma.
- Now nuclear physicists in Japan, Russia and the US have discovered a particle that contains two up quarks, two down quarks and a strange antiquark.
- Yet they implied the existence of quarks, which seem to be as real as any other objects that we take seriously.
- The protons and neutrons in the nucleus are made of elementary particles called quarks.
- We know this must have happened, because we observe more quarks than antiquarks today.
- This is because the proton is made of two up quarks and a down quark, while the neutron comprises two downs and an up.
- This process results in two jets of hadronic particles as the quarks form hadrons.
- The strong force is the one that is dominant in the atomic nucleus, acting between the quarks inside the proton and the neutron.
- The scalar superpartners of quarks and electrons are called squarks and selectrons.
- That process would briefly liberate the quarks and gluons that make up protons and neutrons.
- It describes a world in which electrons, quarks and the like are point particles that move in a manner dictated by the wavefunction.
- In the course of the 20th century, science successively named electrons, protons, neutrons, and quarks.
- Also, neutrons and protons are made up of tinier particles called quarks.
- Yet experiments indicated that quarks within protons were only loosely bound together.
- However, we find it difficult to describe the way that quarks and gluons bind together to form hadrons.
- Everyday matter is composed of just three types of particles: up quarks, down quarks and electrons.
- To serve, spoon some dill and quark sauce on a plate.
- Instead of cream, buy a tub of fat-free quark and loosen it with some milk to give it a silky smooth texture just like thick pouring cream.
- Fromage frais and quark will be the only other sector to enjoy a stronger performance than the market average over the forecast period.
- In the morning, I eat oatmeal with egg whites and low-fat quark [a soft creamy cheese popular in Europe].
- I've never tried quark skimmed milk soft cheese before; won't be trying it again in a hurry.
- Plain or flavored yogurt, quark, cottage cheese, beaten mascarpone or ricotta could be substituted for the fromage blanc.
- The strong points in the German cheese list are hand cheeses, of which they have many varieties, including the multiple forms of quark, by far the most popular cheese in Germany.
- The only way to make it last is to turn it into cheese, yoghurt or quark.
tipo de queso fresco blanco
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.