In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(EEUU: 0,94 litros, RU: 1,14 litros) cuarto de galón masculine
- Dairy processors are experimenting with four-, six- and eight- packs of halfpint and pints in distribution channels such as club stores as well as two-pack gallons and quarts for supermarkets.
- The elimination of the previous ‘gull wing’ oil pan design reduces the engine's oil capacity from 6.5 quarts to 5.5 quarts with a dry filter.
- The Paint Spot caters to both the professional and the hobbyist, selling paint in pints, quarts and gallons for you mural-painters.
- The total capacity of the storage tank, two quarts heated up to 190 degrees, halves the time required to boil four quarts of water for making pasta.
- The milk is available in gallons, half gallons, quarts and pints.
- In the days of yore when beer in pubs was served only in pints or quarts, the serving wenches had to keep mental tabs on who drank pints and who drank quarts to get it right when collecting payment.
- The plant fills an assortment of plastic and paperboard containers, in sizes including gallon, half gallon, quart, half pint, 10-ounce and 12-ounce.
- In English pubs, ale is ordered by pints and quarts.
- For a gallon mixture: three quarts of hot water, add one quart of bleach.
- In the main filling room, gallons, half gallons, pints, quarts and half-pints are filled.
- Hiking in the desert on a hot day, he goes through one quart of the gallon of water he brought along by noon.
- Bring four quarts of water to a boil and add two tablespoons salt.
- Has the person been drinking at least one and a half quarts of liquid each day?
- Young men tending camel herds during the rainy season may drink up to ten quarts of milk a day.
- Offering fresh fruits and vegetables, neighborhood crafts, and a place to gather, a neighborhood store provides employment and eliminates the need to burn a quart of gasoline to pick up a quart of milk.
- Milk products are packaged 16 quarts or four gallons to a case and automatic stackers stack them six high.
- Before conception, women need 1,200 mg of calcium per day, or the equivalent of a quart of milk or fortified orange juice, or six servings of fortified bread or cereals.
- Surfactants are usually used at 1 / 4% by spray volume or 1 quart per 100 gallons of spray mixture.
- The liter and its fractions have vanquished quarts, pints, and gallons, while the pound is still holding its own in things such as produce.
- ESL technology allows the company to ship ultra-pasteurized milk in gallons and quarts via refrigerated cargo containers to the Philippines, for example, to provide fresh product in a country where that is a rare commodity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.