In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in US football)mariscal de campo masculinecorebac masculine Mexico
- For the first time, one school had a quarterback and two running backs drafted in the first round.
- Sapp is a tremendously disruptive player who forces quarterbacks into mistakes and running backs into cuts they don't want to make.
- Let that be a lesson to all of the NFL teams that believe a quarterback has to be rushed into the lineup.
- I think I am going to go heavy on running backs and receivers and leave the tight ends and quarterbacks for down the line.
- Rookie quarterbacks deal with offensive playbooks that dwarf the ones they studied in college.
- I knew I wasn't going to be a quarterback or a linebacker or anything like that.
- When a shot is taken by your team, the quarterback is usually running back to mid-court for defensive balance.
- Look for the team to add a quarterback and offensive linemen on Day 2 of the draft.
- The team filled its needs by signing veterans at defensive tackle, wide receiver and quarterback and on the offensive line.
- Just about every NFL team has a quarterback in place who is viewed as the future of the franchise.
- The Super Bowl is the place where American football's great quarterbacks go to get rings and establish legacies.
- Starting quarterbacks, wide receivers and running backs were ineligible for consideration.
- Merriman plays as both a defensive end and outside linebacker, and quarterbacks better make sure they know where he is.
- The Jets-Ravens total has been of interest to me, considering both teams are starting reserve quarterbacks.
- Long was at his best in the big games, relentlessly pursuing quarterbacks and running backs.
- Confronted by quicker, strong defensive players, quarterbacks with legs have a better opportunity to find ways to make plays.
- Billick suggested that work with a sports psychologist might help Boller, as well as the team's other quarterbacks.
- Both teams started their backup quarterbacks but neither finished the game.
- The run defense was stout, and the team pressured quarterbacks despite problems at defensive end.
- Both teams have strong-armed quarterbacks and dangerous receivers.
- We intent to make the announcement today that we have added, to borrow a football term, a true quarterback for this team, and a leader and a mentor.
- The fact of the matter is, the town has got a lot of people in it who are armchair quarterbacks, or who like to comment on the passing scene.
- Quite often, everyone is acting independently, with the exception of the accountant, the quarterback.
- Key to it is creating a new director of national intelligence, a quarterback, if you will.
- They are the quarterbacks, the lead singers, the objects of admiration and envy.
- You're just going to be our personal quarterback for the season.
3US(one wise after the event)the Monday morning quarterbacks — los que siempre dicen 'yo ya sabía'
1(in US football)he quarterbacks the Giants — es el corebac de los Giants Mexico
- He quarterbacks his team like a drill sergeant, constantly shouting out instructions.
- ‘We were always totally prepared,’ says Robbie Bosco, who quarterbacked the Cougars' 1984 national title team and now is a member of Gary Crowton's BYU staff.
- But when he quarterbacked Super Bowl 15 for the Eagles against the Oakland Raiders, he threw three critical interceptions, which led to a 27-10 Philadelphia loss.
- When Ken Stabler quarterbacked the Raiders, he would take the game plan worked out by QB coach Tom Flores and then discard about half of it, keeping only the plays he wanted to run.
- He couldn't grip the ball quite as well, and backup Neil O'Donnell - yes, the same Neil O'Donnell that quarterbacked the Steelers to the Super Bowl all those years ago - was forced to come in.
- So far, McNabb has quarterbacked the Eagles to four postseason appearances in his career.
- Most of these physicists, after all, were not exactly quarterbacking the football team in high school.
- ‘My wife put the phone up to his ear and said he was blinking,’ says Kelly, who quarterbacked the Buffalo Bills to four straight Super Bowls in the '90s.
- He quarterbacked the football team to a league title.
- Yet even after McNair quarterbacked the Titans to the Super Bowl in the 1999 season, most of the attention - and the credit - continued to be directed toward George.
- For example, we used Bob Griese in 1972 instead of Earl Morrall, who quarterbacked the Miami Dolphins through most of their undefeated regular season because Griese was injured.
- Anyone who quarterbacks a team that doesn't score in three straight games is on the spot.
- He quarterbacked his team to a flag football title, coached a B-league championship, took the A-league softball crown in 1998 with Black Magic, and even added a ping pong championship as icing on the cake.
- It has been four years, three teams and countless off-the-field incidents since Kerry Collins quarterbacked a playoff team.
- Brett Favre, whose 27 touchdown passes tied for the NFC lead, has quarterbacked the same team longer than any NFL signal caller.
- You never can write off a team quarterbacked by Brett Favre, but you have to wonder whether Green Bay's window of opportunity is closing.
- Shula also quarterbacked the first losing team after Bryant, finishing 5-6 in 1984.
- Then there's Vick, who is going to be quarterbacking Dan Reeves' team.
- His ability to quarterback the team has also allowed Payton to operate without as many double-teams.
- Herrion, 23, played college ball at Utah and was a captain on the 2003 team that was quarterbacked by sophomore Alex Smith, now a rookie starter with the 49ers.
- Should the selection of the next Associate Justice of the Supreme Court be quarterbacked by a man who is currently the subject of an on-going criminal investigation?
- The commander is the most unique position in that it allows one player to quarterback the entire team's operations.
- Indeed, the whole process is quarterbacked out of the Counsel's office.
- CFO Simms, who is quarterbacking the technology changes in Kinston, notes that the ASN requirements will begin to go downstream to components suppliers in November of this year.
- So we got out the playbook and quarterbacked our companies into the worst automotive recession in a decade.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.