In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cuarzo masculine(vase/ashtray/watch) (before noun) de cuarzo(headlight/lamp) de cuarzo
- Mylonitic rocks usually have ribbon quartz and rotated albite porphyroclasts.
- All three are dominated by unaltered muscovite, quartz, K-feldspar and albite, with minor epidote.
- The white material is quartz and the black is the wall rock from the edge of the vein.
- These soils have a typical, immature tropical soil mineral assemblage dominated by kaolin, quartz and goethite.
- These granite dikes are composed almost totally of potassium feldspar and quartz.
- The intervening area is dominantly a mixture of clay and quartz.
- The ore zone is a combination of veinlets, lenses, and nests of pyrite and quartz.
- Some topaz forms spectacular crystals and matrix specimens on magnesite or quartz.
- Late chlorite and carbonates overgrew the schistosity defined by phengite, chlorite and quartz.
- Adjacent to the gray quartz with acanthite and gold is sugary white quartz with massive galena.
- Other minerals found here are the red ochre, soap stone, white quartz and molding sand.
- The sample is strongly foliated and consists of garnet, biotite, quartz, plagioclase and cordierite.
- Where pyrite crystals have been lost, it can be seen that quartz did not penetrate pyrite.
- There is much chlorite growth, but quartz is only very poorly recrystallized.
- The siltstones are composed of angular quartz and rare feldspar, set in a finer matrix that locally contains some calcite.
- The grey colour of quartz is a mineralogical standard showing that the thickness is correct.
- As a result, quartz is an uncommon gangue mineral within most of the district.
- My necklaces are made mainly of semiprecious stones, such as agate, quartz, amber, rock crystal and jade.
- Because they formed within the peat, coal balls generally contain very little detrital clay minerals and quartz.
- Outside we saw large tables covered high with specimens of kyanite in quartz.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.