In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Your Honour's expertise at the Bar was recognised early when you were appointed Queen's Counsel in 1987 after only seven years in full-time practice.
- The question is not whether the Queen should have ended up being cross-examined by a Queen's Counsel about the understanding between her and her ex-footman.
- The fact that a Queen's Counsel has advised there are grounds to sue would be a strong mitigating factor in any costs decision.
- A dispute between barristers and solicitors over the new framework for appointing Queen's Counsel has dashed expectations that the first new-style QCs would be sworn in next Easter.
- After preparing for the Bar at Lincoln's Inn, he practiced as a barrister, being ultimately named Queen's Counsel, and later accepting appointment to the Bench.
- She became a Queen's Counsel in 1991 and received a life peerage in 1997.
- As he told Parliament on Friday, he also had received advice from two British Queen's Counsel and one local senior counsel.
- The shortage of legal members is most felt in restricted cases, in which that member must normally be a Judge, a Recorder Queen's Counsel or a Regional Chair.
- Your Honour was appointed a Queen's Counsel in 1987 and sworn in as a Judge of the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the Court of Appeal in 2000.
- However, sources said that the State has retained the services of a British Queen's Counsel who will be present at the next hearing.
- A full and conclusive inquiry was conducted by the Attorney-General including advices of independent Queen's Counsels.
- He was called to the Bar in 1971 and became a Queen's Counsel in 1991.
- But after a day of discussions with their Queen's Counsels, all three pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of manslaughter.
- In the same year she was appointed a Queen's Counsel.
- Ferguson was also represented in court by a Queen's Counsel and a junior counsel.
- Not many people become a Queen's Counsel or even want to become a Queen's Counsel.
- The British-ness of the Crown has been erased in other ways, too, such as the ending of imperial honours, the ending of appointments to Queen's Counsel, and the changing of the citizenship oath.
- William Goodhart is a Queen's Counsel, in the House of Lords, and shadow lord chancellor for Britain's Liberal Democrat Party.
- May it please the Court, I inform the Court that the following members of the Bar here present have been appointed as Queen's Counsel for the State of South Australia.
- The then secretary of state reviewed the form of the declaration of office for barristers wishing to become Queen's Counsel and judged that in future it should be the same as that made in England and Wales.
título conferido a ciertos abogados de prestigio
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.