In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(after lecture etc)sesión de preguntas masculine
(in UK)sesión de control masculine Spainsesión en la Cámara de los Comunes destinada a que los parlamentarios interpelen a los ministros, incluido el primer ministro
- One of the reasons we have ministerial question time is to ensure that there is no corruption in this country.
- He became a redoubtable Commons performer, quite capable of inflicting bruises on the Prime Minister at question time.
- The Prime Minister also defended the military campaign at question time.
- If we cannot get answers to questions in the House, quite frankly what is the point of Parliament or question time?
- But she was tossed out of parliament during her first question time on Tuesday.
- In question time today the Minister acknowledged the issue, but did he pick up the challenge?
- In September, Aucamp raised the matter in parliament with Mbeki during question time.
- After question time I invite you, as you often do, to look at the Hansard record of what has just occurred.
- I want to pick up on two things the Prime Minister said at question time today, as a start to this speech.
- She was also critical of the Prime Minister's response when she questioned him over the issue at question time on Wednesday.
- Parliamentary question time is not just for our benefit but for the benefit of the public, as well.
- It's a big issue and I have brought it up many times, and had it raised in question time in the Dáil.
- That is not appropriate behaviour during question time when questions are being asked.
- It is an important issue, because question time in this Parliament is a very important time.
- With respect, question time is when questions are asked, and one would expect them to be answered.
- Control of the question time was passed on to his deputy, John Fuller, and the heated debate ensued.
- The President's men wanted to control the entire question time and they got their way.
- They might argue with each other at prime minister's question time.
- The Prime Minister paid tribute to the York mother of four during his weekly question time for helping to make her street a better place.
- These are the questions the Prime Minister would not answer in question time today.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.