In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- They include crab cakes, Reuben tarts, vegetable spring rolls, shrimp quiches, and smoked chicken cordon bleu appetizers, all of which can be cooked at the same time.
- Salmon and leek quiche is one of my favorite quiche recipes, which I come to crave every now and then.
- As well as fresh fish, organic meat and vegetables there is a wealth of special breads, cakes, pastas, sauces, quiches, vol-au-vents, hummus and much more.
- You can also add a couscous, pasta or rice salad, sticks of carrot or cucumber and slices of quiche or savoury tarts - the latter perhaps made with lighter filo instead of rich shortcrust pastry.
- There are also soups, pizzas, salads, quiches, pasta and some desserts.
- On this particular sunny day, Céline had baked delicious mini crustless quiches in her new silicon mold.
- The five meals tested were cheese and tomato pizza, chicken tikka masala, steak and kidney pie, quiche Lorraine and beef lasagne.
- In the prepared dishes, the shop was highly commended for spinach and smoked bacon quiche and commended for beef bourgignon.
- Other Sunset Specials include egg and bacon quiche, steak sandwich, pork chop with a choice of mushroom or peppercorn sauces and even a chicken curry Madras.
- And they're highly versatile: You can make deviled eggs for appetizers, spike them in eggnog or make quiches, frittatas, omelets or other brunch-type party fare.
- Ayrshire bacon is not only the best for breakfast, it is also good in sandwiches, quiches, pasta, salads and stews.
- Bake the quiches for 30-35 minutes, until the filling has puffed and the tops are lightly golden.
- Understandably her mind was preoccupied with things other than sausage rolls, quiches and crisps.
- For oven meals all you need are casserole dishes in a few sizes, a roaster, some pie plates for meat pies and quiches, and pizza pans.
- The savory come with fillings like ham, cheese and onions and end up more like a cross between a pizza and a quiche.
- The new shape makes it great for bar cookies, brownies, and cakes, tarts, or quiches that you want to cut into squares to serve a crowd.
- I skipped the skillet step, and I guess what I made could be considered a crustless quiche, but calling it a frittata is much more fun.
- Sarah makes us a spinach quiche, and Craig cooks us spaghetti and meatballs.
- Nuala and Antoinette, together with their friendly staff, also serve teas and coffees along with their baking, and light lunches of savoury quiches, salads and home-made soups, in a pleasant and welcoming atmosphere.
- Mealtime is an event, with multicourse gourmet breakfasts (cream-cheese grits, French toast, quiches or smoked sausage) included in the room rate.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.