In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1paso corto masculine
- The senior drum major orders the Massed Bands to march and countermarch in slow and quick time.
- These various movements will be executed by the same commands and according to the same principles as in quick time, except that the command double quick will precede that of march.
- When the left of the old guard is clear of the ground on which it stood, the guard will break into quick time, and the new guard will shoulder arms.
- The regimental marches are Men of Harlech in slow time and The Rising of the Lark in quick time.
- Following the inspection the troops moved off in quick time and returned past the reviewing stand for Comdt. Mulhare to take the salute.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.