In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He transcends the autobiographic into something quintessential, something close to the quiddity of experience.
- For there is no knowledge of things insofar as they are external in effect, but insofar as their nature and quiddity is grasped by the mind.
- This sort of Kantian ‘anthropology of right’ reflects a vision of the unspeakable quiddity of the individual, where we are forever unknown to ourselves and live on the surface of our being.
- Immanence should not be equated with essence, if by essence we mean a substratum of materiality inherent in things; a quality or quiddity to which all things can be reduced.
- And so we need only consider these two works in order to discover his particular view of being, essence and quiddity that specifies his philosophical thinking.
2formal(minor detail)sutileza femininenimiedad feminine
- That is, we might just slot the language into our existing mental frameworks with respect to language and thereby lose some of the quiddity of the language and the concepts it brings with it.
- He occasionally quarrelled with his fellow justices over what he described as the ‘quirks and quiddities’ of the law.
- She has her eye on a like void when she describes Shakespeare's fascination with ‘human variability,’ how he could ‘create all kinds of human grotesques out of quiddities of speech and mannerism.’
- Particularity, idiosyncrasy, the quiddity of perceptual experience - these are the best things that abstract art can offer, in public as anywhere else.
- In other words, the vocabulary of the philosophers obscures, willy-nilly, the intention of the Bible, which defines human beings not by their quiddities and qualities, but by their faith and hope.
- Imitating the great singers with full respect to their quiddities and idiosyncrasies isn't easy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.