- In 1980, a majority of voters in three out of five income quintiles reported choosing the Democratic candidate, and the fourth quintile was nearly tied.
- The study grouped doctors into five quintiles by number of procedures a year: 1 to 33, 34 to 89, 90 to 139, 140 to 206 and 207 to 582.
- The low level of wealth in at least the bottom two quintiles of the income distribution suggests that substantial numbers of people are likely to face such constraints.
- For example, leftists point to studies showing that the gap between the bottom quintile and the top two quintiles is increasing.
- All statistical models were consistent with this finding except for one, which categorized patients by quintile and showed no mortality difference in the first quintile.