In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A range of diseases including rabies and Lyme disease are carried by animals, so you should avoid contact with them.
- Has the patient been in contact with saliva of an animal likely to cause rabies?
- The following month she began to show signs of rabies infection and was later hospitalized.
- Severe bites on the head, face or neck may result in rabies in as short a period as nine days.
- Your risk of exposure to rabies in the United States is greater when you come into contact with a wild animal.
- A tentative diagnosis of rabies was made on a biopsy and confirmed at autopsy.
- Your cat, dog or ferret typically picks up rabies through a bite from or to another animal that has rabies.
- Pasteur went on to discover vaccinations for chicken pox, cholera, diphtheria, anthrax and rabies.
- Symptoms of early rabies infection in humans can include, headaches, and fever.
- If an animal that is possibly infected with rabies bites you, you must be treated promptly.
- However, bat rabies poses a significant threat to human population in these areas.
- Foxes are known vectors for rabies and can transmit the disease to humans and other animals.
- There was no report on diphtheria, rabies, tetanus or whooping cough during the study period.
- An average of only one or two human deaths from rabies are now reported each year.
- The last known case of a human being contracting rabies in France was 1924.
- Reliable data on rabies are scarce in many areas of the globe, making it difficult to assess its full impact on human and animal health.
- Human or equine rabies immunoglobulin should be given if any wounds penetrate the skin.
- The authorities have all but ruled out rabies as a cause of death.
- This is especially true for animals that appear unusually tame, as this is an early sign of rabies in animals.
- Consider rabies vaccinations if you are travelling to an area where rabies is common.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.