In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1relaciones racialesbefore noun race relations legislation — legislación en materia de relaciones raciales feminine
- I cannot see this doing race relations any favours in an area where there have already been problems.
- I have high hopes for our world and the state of race relations and inclusion.
- I felt the only path open to me was through legal channels but found the legal arena of little help despite the race relations and human rights law.
- Has she seen any reports on how New Zealand should deal with issues related to race relations and the treaty?
- Police patrols have been stepped up to prevent further disorder in the city, and race relations officers have appealed for calm.
- Public bodies have a duty to eliminate discrimination in the way they work and to promote equality of opportunity and good race relations.
- There is a lot of pessimism about race relations in this country.
- He was for partial and symbolic measures when it came to race relations.
- Members backed his stance, but said social cohesion and improved race relations were vitally important.
- All three students made a major contribution to the college's work to encourage good race relations in the town.
- When he wrote publicly about race relations, he was bombarded with hate mail.
- An 88-point action plan has been put forward to improve Asian access to housing and improve race relations.
- The parallels between race relations and gender relations are sometimes surprising.
- His proposal would have far-reaching effects on race relations.
- The event at the town's Punjabi Community Centre marked a gathering of groups involved in race relations in the town.
- These athletes have done more for racial harmony than all the members of the race relations board put together.
- For years, I have led myself to believe that race relations were getting better in the world.
- If proper attention is not given to what is broadcast and how it is presented, our efforts to improve race relations could well suffer.
- At a time when race relations have never been so smooth, increasing numbers of people are pessimistic about racial issues.
- It is about time race relations were looked at very carefully.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.