In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1caballo de carrera(s) masculine
- But we also need to educate people because many don't realise what they are taking home when they buy a thoroughbred racehorse.
- The Irish horse person, largely, appears to have an entirely unsentimental view of racehorses, which is that they are racehorses first and last.
- Noblemen founded stables and became interested in breeding thoroughbred racehorses.
- He was a very wealthy businessman in Britain, where he had Rolls Royce cars and the second largest stable of racehorses in the country.
- She used to own a share in a racehorse but now bets on other people's horses instead.
- Earlier this month, a retired greyhound defeated a top racehorse to claim the crown of fastest animal in the racing world.
- The higher the system is tuned, the more likely it is to break down: true of racing cars, racehorses and footballers.
- The drug is not viewed as a therapeutic agent in racehorses.
- The natural landscape has altered by the grass cutting that is essential for the racehorse training.
- His goal is to become a veterinarian, working with racehorses and eventually opening his own practice in his home community.
- Versatility is a trait not often seen in Thoroughbred racehorses.
- A database of potential homes for racehorses will be established.
- All racehorses share an official birthday on 1 January.
- A good dog, like a good racehorse, is a combination of breeding and training - speed, stamina and finishing is all.
- In the United States, critically injured racehorses are humanely euthanized by lethal injection.
- All proceeds go toward the care and placement of retired racehorses.
- Racing is not a team sport - it's about the jockey and his relationship with the thoroughbred racehorse.
- The day before we met in his Oxfordshire yard, he was given back his licence to train racehorses after an 18-month suspension.
- By using real racehorses and real jockeys, the film makers have brought a physicality that is often missing in these days of computer-generated effects.
- He is passionate about horses and breeds thoroughbred racehorses.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.