In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(bicycle)bicicleta de carrera(s) feminine
- He laughed as he turned onto the highway in the neon green street racer.
- He is familiar with the challenges facing both breeders and racers, as well as the wants and needs of the racing public.
- The racer burst into flames upon impact but the fire was quickly extinguished by park staff.
- Life aboard an ocean racer is not a breeze but, despite the hardships she faced, she is not deterred and her experiences live on.
- She grinned at him, and held his hand for a second as sign of gratitude, before running into the last building, where the pure bred racers were kept.
- These budget racers are designed to offer the average fan the chance to go racing without breaking the bank account.
- For the race itself, boats will be divided into two classes, with the first class consisting of racers and cruiser / racers, which are generally the larger of the boats.
- It is waterproof, light and, because it is durable, can be fitted to mountain bikes or racers.
- It is similar to the two wheeled speedway racers, except that these competition vehicles are 20 times the size and go one and a half times quicker.
- In its original concept, Supermoto was designed to test a racer's all-round ability on a variety of surfaces.
- Shortly after he won the Derby and then was beaten in the Belmont Stakes, he was considered more valuable as a breeder than a racer and was retired to stud in Japan.
- These traits point to one particular breed, a relatively rare show pigeon as opposed to a roller or racer.
- I raced stock cars as a kid, sports cars as an older kid, and the current, much older kid would be racing unlimited air racers but for a lack of money.
- Over the years he has overseen a change in his yard with National Hunt horses now outnumbering Flat racers having had more of an even split in earlier years.
- He contributed his drag racing know-how to help design a quarter-mile Cadillac racer.
2(animal)corredor masculinecorredora femininemasculine caballo de carreramasculine caballo de carrerasmasculine perro de carreramasculine perro de carreras
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.