In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It is clear that people have a variety of perspectives on issues of race and racism.
- This group has a stake in the perpetuation of racism and will desire and work for it to continue.
- The whole sorry saga shows that the meaning of racism has become twisted beyond recognition.
- Anyway, it turns out that the main party of racism and class bigotry appears to be in terminal decline.
- Secondly, as has been stressed before, it is legally and morally wrong to promote racism.
- Although much of his writing was an attack on racism, his politics had a much wider focus.
- He explores a number of issues, from the environment and friendship, to slavery and racism.
- You shouldn't be able to become a cop if your mind is poisoned with racism and ignorance.
- This can't be just dismissed as a manifestation of latent racism in Australian society.
- That is as true for contemporary racism as it is for its manifestations in history.
- It is a form of racism to suggest that one religion is right and all others are not.
- The most inflexible form of racism holds that race is determined biologically.
- Perhaps the series writers are trying to highlight the inequities perpetuated by racism?
- Nationalism is, in my view, an unpleasant manifestation of racism that I have no time for.
- The Austrians have no monopoly on racism, but the success of Haider is not really about Austria.
- I would argue that racism is neither reducible to social class or gender nor wholly autonomous.
- Such people will inevitably bring their racism and sexism into the jury room.
- Those at the top of society fan ideas of nationalism, racism and sexism that divide people.
- Is it possible to be a supporter without some form of nationalism, or even racism, coming into it?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.