In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de cremallera y piñónrack-and-pinion steering — dirección por cremallera feminine
- The power-assisted rack-and-pinion steering gear is rubber isolated at all three of its mounting points.
- A rigidly-mounted fabricated-steel front sub-frame supports the engine mounts, suspension control arms and an electric-power-assisted rack-and-pinion steering gear.
- My brother's car had rack-and-pinion steering, which was in need of repair.
- The going is punishing for about 1000 ft, following the line of an old rack-and-pinion railway used in hydro-electric construction.
- A rack-and-pinion mechanism allowed one dish to be smoothly shifted into or out of contact with the other, controlling the ants' passage between them.
- A stiffer, more aerodynamic (and, frankly, gorgeous) body rides on revised suspension, and the steering is finally an accurate rack-and-pinion setup.
- Next morning, I wanted to get in among the views, so I tackled the nearby Rhune mountain via rack-and-pinion railway, my preferred method of mountaineering.
- Its rack-and-pinion steering is nicely weighted and predictable.
- With its 302-horsepower engine, it is able to provide athletic performance to complement its fully independent suspension and variable assist rack-and-pinion steering.
- A more sporting chassis is promised, thanks to a new three-link front suspension, rack-and-pinion steering and modified independent multi-link rear set up.
- The longish wheelbase and wide track are good starting points, providing a very stable base which is complemented by the fully independent suspension and a very precise rack-and-pinion steering system.
- Together with the engine-speed-sensing rack-and-pinion power steering, the suspension is designed to provide unerring road feel while quietly isolating the passenger cabin from unwanted noise, vibration and harshness.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.