In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1radar masculine(station/scanner) de radarradar speed detector — detector de velocidad por radar masculine
- Chavez reported that Venezuelan radar detected the presence of the ships and planes during the coup attempt.
- Digital cellphones are similar to radar, using pulses carried by microwaves.
- Using radar, the Protector system becomes active only after the driver has failed to react.
- Solid-state phase shifters steer optical beams for laser communications and radar.
- The flares are fired when the crew detect, by radar, they are being chased by a missile homing in on the hot exhaust of the plane.
- The officer must have visual estimation of speed before using radar to confirm it.
- Most of us who drive cars have grown up since the advent of radar to detect speeding.
- After all, they argued, how can anyone seriously think photo radar will reduce speeding?
- Its advanced stealth features help prevent the aircraft from being detected by radar.
- Part of the reason was that corporate cost cutting had left the ship without radar.
- The robot warriors use GPS, radar, laser radar and a host of other technologies to move without human aid.
- You even see a form of radar at many grocery stores when the doors open automatically!
- The development of radar to intercept aircraft and direct gunfire revolutionized the Allied bombing offensive.
- The MCA said the study looked for impacts on compasses and various kinds of communications and positioning systems as well as radar.
- The boats had such a low profile and were so quick that they could be within seven miles before radar detected them.
- To an extent, higher speeds can also make aircraft more visible to radar and susceptible to threats.
- If someone did try to destroy us we'd detect it on radar before we were hit and could send a blast straight back.
- These systems use radar as the surveillance and cueing sensor to achieve this.
- That expelling of exhaust is vital in detecting their presence on radar.
- Lidar is a remote sensing technique that uses laser light in much the same way that sonar uses sound or radar uses radio waves.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.