In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1radar masculine(scanner/station) de radarto get under the radar — no ser detectado
- to be off the radar — estar fuera del radar
- radar speed detector — detector de velocidad por radar
- Lidar is a remote sensing technique that uses laser light in much the same way that sonar uses sound or radar uses radio waves.
- To an extent, higher speeds can also make aircraft more visible to radar and susceptible to threats.
- The development of radar to intercept aircraft and direct gunfire revolutionized the Allied bombing offensive.
- Most of us who drive cars have grown up since the advent of radar to detect speeding.
- That expelling of exhaust is vital in detecting their presence on radar.
- The MCA said the study looked for impacts on compasses and various kinds of communications and positioning systems as well as radar.
- The boats had such a low profile and were so quick that they could be within seven miles before radar detected them.
- The flares are fired when the crew detect, by radar, they are being chased by a missile homing in on the hot exhaust of the plane.
- These systems use radar as the surveillance and cueing sensor to achieve this.
- The robot warriors use GPS, radar, laser radar and a host of other technologies to move without human aid.
- Digital cellphones are similar to radar, using pulses carried by microwaves.
- Its advanced stealth features help prevent the aircraft from being detected by radar.
- After all, they argued, how can anyone seriously think photo radar will reduce speeding?
- If someone did try to destroy us we'd detect it on radar before we were hit and could send a blast straight back.
- Solid-state phase shifters steer optical beams for laser communications and radar.
- You even see a form of radar at many grocery stores when the doors open automatically!
- The officer must have visual estimation of speed before using radar to confirm it.
- Part of the reason was that corporate cost cutting had left the ship without radar.
- Using radar, the Protector system becomes active only after the driver has failed to react.
- Chavez reported that Venezuelan radar detected the presence of the ships and planes during the coup attempt.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.