In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1rejilla del radiador femininemáscara (del radiador) feminine Chile
- A front spoiler, side skirts, radiator grille and sports exhaust with a specially-designed heat shield give the cabrio Brabus an elegant look.
- The engine is mounted as far forward as possible without bits of it actually sticking out of the radiator grille, and the power is fed to all four wheels.
- The single-frame radiator grille necessitated the redesign of the air flow at the car's front section.
- Rising from the radiator grille, a prominent bulge in the hood runs to the base of the windscreen.
- Its central element is the single-frame radiator grille, the outer chrome ring of which surrounds the painted grey fins of the grille with horizontal chrome strips.
- One glance at that dramatic V-shaped radiator grille is enough to tell you that this is an Alfa Romeo.
- Front end appeal is set off by new mesh radiator grilles, larger bumpers and tear-shaped front lamps.
- In return, we became even more devious, hiding the detector behind the radiator grilles, or inside the sun visors.
- With the face-lift, all variations of the Vios come with newly designed wheel discs, bumpers, radiator grilles and head, front fog and rear lamps.
- Fully pre-assembled door modules and front-end modules with integrated headlights and radiator grille are delivered precisely to the section of the assembly line at which they are needed.
- For example, the radiator grille is bolder, with large-honeycomb-mesh, while the bumper grille also carries the projector-style fog lamps.
- Design is influenced by a bold facia and radiator grille, clear glass Xenon Plus headlamps and massive wheels fitted with run-flat tyres.
- With its sloping, streamlined front and absence of a radiator grille, attention is focused on the diamond logo.
- The Nissan Primastar will have the same design but will feature a different radiator grille, indicators and seats.
- He knew it would require an extreme wide angle lens, a grad filter for the sky and to position the truck so the sunlight hit the radiator grille at an angle.
- The radiator grille has been redesigned, and is now taller and steeper.
- Audi may, in the future, be making a bold statement with larger, uninterrupted radiator grilles, but the current front end is tidy and timeless.
- Both variants now have a horizontal radiator grille; in the old models the Altis G had a vertical grille.
- Use a soft-bristled brush to get into tricky areas such as the radiator grille and around lamp clusters.
- The smaller engined car is distinguished from the larger engined V8 model as it has a black radiator grille, instead of a chrome one.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.