In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Now it is possible to coherently link the radio frequency and optical domains with a supercontinuum comb of frequencies.
- Various parameters like temperature, pressure and positions are transmitted through a wireless radio frequency via the CAN protocol.
- Later the lack of a common radio frequency among some units leaves Marines powerless to prevent another unit from firing on defenseless civilians.
- Police were forced to listen to 90 minutes of jokes after at least two men took over their radio frequency as a practical joke.
- This is because the signal is essentially a radio frequency operating in the 2.4GHz range.
- A cordless phone uses a radio frequency to communicate with its base, which is then tethered to the plain old telephone network.
- Each daily contact began with Hamilton announcing a number, which referred to a personal code known only by Hamilton and Pole-Evans and led both to retune to a specific radio frequency.
- Frequency assignment is the licensing of an individual radio frequency in a particular geographic area.
- Each group had its own radio frequency and had no knowledge of the frequencies used by the others.
- Which radio frequency will the first responder use?
- Using the same radio frequency as fancy wireless headphones, this device comes in two parts.
- The circuit provides an exact decoding result even when the pause period of the received radio frequency varies over a predetermined range.
- She tunes her tracking device to the specific radio frequency, points the antennae and listens for the beeps to grow louder as the turtle gets closer.
- The command post was playing the national anthem over their radio frequency when we finally taxied as a four-ship for the deployment departure.
- It has a life span of around 20 years, lies dormant until a scanner is passed over it, and sends out a low-range radio frequency.
- Some people might decide to poster their town with posters that announce Air America's arrival and the radio frequency.
- By buying an additional receiver, anyone could pick up a radio frequency with a GPS position corrected to within several meters of accuracy.
- While climbing, my instructor quickly directed me to switch to the small-deck radio frequency to get ahead of the game.
- It also was a snap to set up: Just plug the tiny unit into your iPod's headphone jack, then press a button to set the radio frequency.
- Partygoers tune into a restricted radio frequency through which the music of the DJ is broadcast.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.