In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- An abdominal 3-way radiograph the day of admission revealed air fluid levels as well as a new opacity in his peripheral loft lower lung field.
- In the third quarter of 1993, he initiated an analysis of the errors made by emergency physicians in interpreting radiographs at his hospital.
- The participants were familiar with the digital format, as both conventional film radiographs and digital radiographs are used in Russia.
- A physical examination and plain radiographs of the knee should follow.
- The radiologists who read the radiographs at each institution were blinded to the results of the Ottawa knee rule assessment.
- Those persons should receive a chest radiograph and medical evaluation for TB disease.
- The radiographer marks all abnormal radiographs with a red dot.
- The chest radiograph and computed tomographic scan of the head, abdomen, and pelvis were within normal limits.
- Patients' medical records, chest radiographs, and computerized laboratory values were reviewed.
- This may be misinterpreted as a new air leak, especially if compared with preoperative radiographs or in ignorance of the history of previous surgery.
- This was concluded by the comparison of preoperative and postreconstruction standing radiographs.
- A chest radiograph and computed tomographic scan of his abdomen and pelvis revealed no secondary lesions.
- For practical reasons, the radiographs and the respiratory pressures could not be obtained simultaneously.
- In patients with pulmonary hypertension, more frequent chest radiographs to assess catheter position may be indicated.
- Preoperative radiographs and MRI scans were obtained in all patients.
- She also was noted to have a markedly thickened calvarium on both radiographs and computed tomographic scan at 6 years old.
- Plain radiographs are less sensitive for metastatic lesions than are other imaging tests.
- Presence of cardiomegaly on the chest radiograph may be the only diagnostic clue and echocardiography may reveal pericardial effusion.
- The 7 cases in older children were found to have cystic lesions on radiographs in the course of 1 or more bouts of pneumonia.
- Chest radiographs and a scintigraphic bone scan were negative.
- All patients were followed with regular physical examinations and chest radiographs after discharge from the hospital.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.