In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Examination showed subconjunctival and subcutaneous emphysema, and radiography confirmed the presence of an orbital ‘blowout’ fracture.
- Ultrasonography and radiography are equally effective imaging studies for detecting developmental dysplasia of the hip in infants four to six months of age.
- Plain radiography and ultrasonography may be needed to show the presence of an effusion.
- The diagnosis may be confirmed with plain radiography, computed tomography, or endoscopy.
- Typically, spines and stingers are radiopaque, so radiography or ultrasonography may be used to locate any remaining pieces.
- Health professionals in radiography, pharmacy and medical sciences are also on the company's books.
- Standard practice included plain radiography and, if appropriate, ultrasonography, computed tomography, and fluoroscopic investigations.
- After a careful history and examination, electrocardiography and chest radiography are first line investigations.
- If this method is unsuccessful, radiography or ultrasonography may be used to locate the IUD.
- I have immediate family and friends who are and were in the medical profession: GP's, surgery, nursing, radiography, anaesthetics who every day see the ill effects.
- The tumour is often visible with basic radiological techniques such as chest radiography and abdominal ultrasonography.
- In these respects, MRI is superior to ultrasonography or plain-film radiography in detecting tissue inflammation and necrosis.
- We used plain radiography or computed tomography to diagnose pneumonia.
- The diagnosis of the acute and chronic forms is made by measuring blood enzymes and by performing abdominal computed tomography, radiography, and ultrasound examinations.
- Photodynamic cancer therapy has advantages over surgery, radiography and chemotherapy because there are no life-threatening side effects involved with the therapy.
- Prophylactic cholecystectomy is therefore not recommended when stones are discovered incidentally by radiography or ultrasonography during the investigation of other symptoms.
- Specialised nurses examine patients referred from general practitioners, paediatricians, and other orthopaedic consultants and use radiography and ultrasonography as indicated.
- Conflicting findings have been found concerning patient satisfaction and referral for radiography, and one study found that providing a patient with a diagnostic label increased patient satisfaction.
- For instance, spinal radiography, computed tomography, barium enemas, and angiography expose our patients to higher doses of radiation than we might think.
- Investigations such as blood tests and radiography are important tools for the making correct diagnoses.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.