In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Synthesis of the heavier transuranic elements, as well as of radioisotopes of the natural elements, is sometimes included under the broader umbrella of chemical synthesis.
- In essence, the process involves binding a radioisotope to a compound that has a specific affinity for an organ or region of the body.
- The radioactive tracer evaluated for this study, known by the brand name Zemiva, links a fatty acid to a radioisotope which is injected in the patient.
- In 1934 he used a radioisotope of phosphorus to study how human tissue absorbs phosphate.
- In cardiology, perfusion to cardiac tissue can be studied using radioisotopes such as N13 ammonia.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.