In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- And, if anything, I'm quite nearly positive that Lancome is the guy who discovered the constant ratio of a circle's radius to its circumference.
- Given an angle CAB draw a circle with centre A so that AC and AB are radii of the circle.
- Recall that given a circle of radius r, the circumference is 2pr.
- The inverse of the radius of the circle equals the curvature in radians/m.
- The radii of the given circles and n must stand in a certain relationship for the chain to close on itself.
- A circle and square have an equal area only if the ratio between a side of the square and a radius of the circle equals the square root of pi.
- Because the slices are thin, the height of the rectangle is approximately the radius, r, of the circle.
- Company officials like to say that Rhino can go beyond high-school geometry, beyond straight lines and radiuses.
- Users can measure the distance of vertices/edges/faces, the angle of edges/faces, and the radii and diameters of circles.
- He calculates the side of a regular pentagon in terms of the radius of the circumscribed circle.
- The particular tablet which interests us here investigates how to calculate the radius of a circle through the vertices of an isosceles triangle.
- Note that this curvature is the inverse of the radius of a circle tangent to the neutral line at this point.
- In the introduction he pointed out that a plane was a special case of a spherical surface, that is a sphere with infinite radius.
- It states that the centre of gravity of a semicircle divides the radius in the ratio 3: 7.
- So the radius of the sphere will be 1 and its surface area will be 4 Pi.
- A circle of radius 6 is circumscribed by a square of side-length 12.
- The point P is on the circumference of the circle of radius b.
- Thus, the area of a circle is equal to half of the product of the radius and the circumference.
- The hexagon is a function between the radius and circumference of the circle, and is a naturally occurring form in nature.
- David Gregory used p/r for the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its radius.
1.2(area)radio masculinewithin a mile radius — en un radio de una milla
- Tests results Tuesday showed that all 20 farms within a two mile radius of the original infected farm were negative for avian influenza.
- Once Keaton laughed so hard he scared all the birds within a ten-foot radius out of their perches.
- But one recommendation to come out of it was that masts should not be located within a radius of 500 metres of schools and homes.
- B & Bs within a three-mile radius of the town were full.
- It should be known in this connection that according to the relevant law, no structure of any kind can be built within a radius of 100 metres of any registered national monument.
- It seems sensible to find somewhere with no population centres within a two-mile radius - like offshore.
- Teams divided into four groups, combing through a two-mile radius searching for any clue of what might have happened.
- The Ride Safe program provides rides for students, staff and faculty members from the Student Life Centre to their homes within a certain radius around campus.
- To calculate a radius for each hospital's market area, we limited radii to a range between 10 and 35 miles.
- At half-mile intervals, they stop and count the birds they see or hear within a radius of a quarter mile.
- Those deemed more at risk of exposure are those who lived within a one-kilometer radius of the factory for more than 20 years between 1962 and 1987.
- The department has acquired legal powers to close all footpaths within a two-mile radius of any free-range poultry farms.
- Police are investigating links between the arson attack on December 27 and another three within a half-mile radius over the last few days.
- Day said location is key when making an investment and believes investors should focus on the coastal strip within a 10-mile radius of the city.
- The explosions could reach a radius of 25 meters.
- We do not allow students who live within a five-mile radius to use their cars to come to college.
- He concluded: ‘This year, I will enter half a dozen local races, all within a radius of 50 miles, and hope to do pretty well.’
- I spent half a century here, most of it within the confines of a small radius.
- A check of directories shows 37 hotels and motels within a three-mile radius of Florence and LaSalle.
- The IT professionals usually look out for areas surrounding a radius of 9 km from City Railway Station.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.