In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1coalición multicolor feminine
- The 13-party National Front, the rainbow coalition led by Abdullah, clearly took note of this and has been playing up the development card.
- The rainbow coalition of minorities had now turned against their erstwhile patron.
- That rainbow coalition has been fraying now for quite some time.
- Vajpayee's BJP is the main party in India's ruling rainbow coalition consisting a score of political parties.
- It's about management teams pragmatically and opportunistically assembling rainbow coalitions of voters by calculated appeals to specific interest groups, generations and so on.
- Fine Gael has already indicated that it would be willing to negotiate a pact with Sinn Fein and that could result in a rainbow coalition involving Fine Gael, Labour, Sinn Fein and two others.
- He sees the famed cohesion of the 1994-97 rainbow coalition as his trump card.
- He repeated a request to voters to continue preferences to Labour and the Green Party, likely members of an alternative rainbow coalition.
- If we had more diversity within a coalition, maybe a rainbow coalition, then we would have a better voice.
- But because they have not yet fought together as a class they often see themselves as a rainbow coalition.
- Megawati took over the national leadership in July riding a wave of support from a rainbow coalition united against former president Abdurrahman Wahid.
- Party sources have also given little consideration to the option of a bit-part in a future rainbow coalition comprising Fine Gael, Labour and possibly the Greens.
- I can only say thank you to the rainbow coalition out there who supported us in any way they could.
- This is not on the bankrupt model of the rainbow coalitions of the 1980s where different identities only came together to force their separate programmes on each other.
- The high school dropout who parlayed a second chance into the Speakership of the California Assembly sought to build a rainbow coalition of the left in a rapidly diversifying city.
- It is naive to think that the new rulers in Kabul will willingly hand power over to some rainbow coalition of their ethnic rivals.
- The present Cabinet is really a rainbow coalition reflecting, or rather dictated by, the political reality at the time of selection.
- On the Nice Treaty, he believes that a rainbow coalition combined to defeat the treaty last time.
- What we lack is leadership, not a rainbow coalition.
- Talk abounds about a rainbow coalition after the next general election here.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.