In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cancelación por lluvia femininesuspensión por lluvia feminine
- Because of rainouts earlier in the year, they play three doubleheaders in six days, with single games on Sunday and Tuesday.
- It was only the second rainout of the year, but Geoff Parker and Eddie Martin still arrived hoping for a clearing of the skies, but they had to settle for a morning of tea.
- A rainout means Cleveland will have to play a makeup against Chicago the day after the season ends.
- The first NBA rainout occurred at the Seattle Center Coliseum on January 5, 1986.
- To make up for a rainout in June, they played at Shea Stadium in the afternoon, then at Yankee Stadium the same night.
- In the event of a rainout where no winner is crowned, the bounty at the next event will be placed on the points leader entering that event.
- It was the only game played that day due to rainouts elsewhere.
- This means fewer rainouts because pitches are covered and grounds drained better.
- Competitors endured rainouts of three events, and moisture affected two other races.
- What if there had been a rainout on Saturday, and poor old ABC had been forced to show highlights from the previous year's tournament?
- Fog on Friday followed by a Saturday rainout meant the event would have to be run in its entirety during a 10-hour window of opportunity Sunday.
- Barring rainouts or other glitches, the top three starters will make 13 starts each over the rest of the season.
- Before an eventual rainout in Boston, Roberts joked: ‘I've had calls from several players from other teams, saying they are tired of seeing my face.’
- I think that they wouldn't mind a rainout, although the weather people tell us that that might not be the case now.
- Each pitcher has a set throwing schedule, and a rainout kills that.
- Thanks to early-season rainouts, five games must be made up.
- At this point the Yanks could be forgiven if they had hopes for a rainout.
- If there's a rainout, other pitchers skip their turn to allow the ace to start on his regular fifth day.
- They were 3-9 on the season and their play got more lackluster as the season grew on and rainouts outnumbered actual played games.
- Chicago's weather has been wet and cold, and there were three rainouts.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.