In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1carrera sobre un circuito sin asfaltar
- However, neither has previously competed in rallycross.
- He will now return to junior rallycross for his next event, this coming weekend at Anglesey.
- Although Tracey is a vastly experienced competitor in rallying, circuit racing and rallycross, his move to the ranks of the World Rally Car drivers was not anticipated.
- Milner said: ‘The car was great fun to drive, and the whole weekend brought back so many great memories from when I used to compete in rallycross all the time.’
- His dad Jerry enjoys rallying, rallycross and the occasional autocross event while Colin's older brother Diarmuid is also enjoying a successful year competing in the National Stages Championship.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.