In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1alunizaje masculine Spain slangmasculine asalto
- The move follows a series of recent ram raids, when thieves have smashed into the barriers to get at the cash.
- Raiders used a stolen four-wheel-drive vehicle in an early morning ram raid on a Salisbury gift shop on Friday.
- Offenders stole 12 bottles of Jim Beam bourbon in the ram raid at the Chapman Road store.
- The white Ford Sierra was used in three ram raids before ending up burnt-out in Beare Heath, four miles south of Dorking.
- ‘We are hoping to stay because other than our problems with the ram raids this is a good little shop and we want to keep it as such,’ she said.
- The other day I visited a pharmacist in Auckland who had suffered from ram raids.
- Police have arrested three men and a juvenile over a ram raid at Lamb for Liquor bottle shop early on Sunday morning.
- A gang of masked robbers stole thousands of pounds worth of electrical equipment during a ram raid on a shop in Prestwich.
- Detectives are probing links between two smash-and-grab robberies on Bolton banks and a ram raid on a Bury bank.
- Just over a year ago, Eurotechnix was a victim of a ram raid.
- Karen said they realised the seven-seater Shogun was gone on Tuesday morning and then received a phone call from the police to say it had been used in a ram raid.
- Following a ram raid in November 2002, Mrs Skirrow and her business partner Sarah Oakley had shutters installed.
- We went to see one of the pharmacists there who was just getting over a ram raid through her shop window.
- A Tadworth man has been charged in connection with three ram raids in Banstead, which were all carried out on the same night.
- But many other villains are stealing cars to use in other crimes, such as robberies and ram raids, then setting fire to them to cover their tracks.
- The Leigh shop, which has only had three managers in its 48 year history, was the target of a big armed robbery in 1988 and has since been the subject of ram raids.
- We have had robberies in the past, but not ram raids.
- The council was supposed to be fencing off the shops to prevent ram raids but that has not been completed.
- There have been 24 ram raids throughout Kent since December 2004.
- Incidents have included ram raids and commercial burglaries.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.