In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(small dish)(para el horno) potecito individual masculine
- The mixture is now ready to be poured into the ramekins.
- I placed the ramekin in an ovenproof dish and the poured water into the dish up to a level half way up the ramekin, before popping it into the preheated oven.
- Place the ramekins in a wide saucepan and fill with simmering water, so it comes two-thirds of the way up the sides.
- These impressive soufflés can be made in individual ramekins or coffee cups.
- The next morning, in a small ramekin, I mixed in some lime zest and added some more, cold, coconut milk because the rice had sucked up all the moisture.
- Pour the mixture into individual ramekins, molds or mini-savarin rings and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Get your four ramekins, make sure they're nice and clean.
- I first brushed individual 7-ounce ramekins with melted butter.
- Pour the mixture into six very lightly oiled dariole moulds or 7.5cm ramekins, cover and chill for four hours or until set.
- The recipe below makes one gratin serving four people, but it can also be made in individual ramekins for four single-serving dinners.
- Place the cucumber cups in individual ramekins.
- Spoon the warm fruit mixture into individual ramekins or small bowls.
- After removing the ramekins from the oven, I gently topped the eggs with the mushroom mixture.
- Fill the ramekins with some summer berries and a drop of booze.
- Slide the ramekins on to the baking sheet and bake for ten to 12 minutes until the souffles are well risen, browned and doubled in height but still slightly wobbly.
- Divide the mixture between the ramekins and push a truffle deep into the centre of each.
- Fill the ramekins, smoothing the tops with a palette knife.
- Ease the star, butter-side down, over the back of an up-turned individual metal tart tin or ramekin, the star points facing up.
- Lightly butter six 7.5cm ramekin dishes and dust them out with a little extra caster sugar.
- Line a pudding basin or individual ramekins with cling-film, and then line the mould with the soaked bread, ensuring there are no gaps.
2British(cheese savory)tartaleta de queso feminine
- The Irish black tea is hot and strong, the homemade raisin scones warm and airy, served with a heaping ramekin of clotted cream.
- The monochromatic assortment consists of four marvels of kosher-style cuisine served with two ramekins of sour cream.
- A thick and tender petite strip steak comes with basic fluffy scrambled eggs, crisp roasted new potatoes and a ramekin of rich tomato-tinged Béarnaise.
- It was beautifully served in a terrine, along with toasted slices of bread and a small ramekin of creamed lentils.
- Then there was a ramekin of lemony aubergine pate which was, in truth, more of a dip and tasted of red pepper rather than aubergine.
- A ramekin of caviar-topped whipped urchin appears without asking.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.