In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hacendado masculinehacendada feminineestanciero masculine River Plateestanciera feminine River Plateranchero masculine Mexicoranchera feminine Mexicodueño de fundo masculine Chiledueña de fundo feminine Chilecattle rancher — ganadero masculine
- Farmers and ranchers can even turn to the Internet for products and services.
- He says Florida cattle ranchers were aided by recent severe winters and drought.
- A growing segment of people are concerned about food quality and want to keep local ranchers and farmers in business, Antonio argues.
- The coalition, made up of area ranchers and farmers, may file an appeal of the decision.
- As a cash crop, cattle encouraged ranchers to practise ruthless predator control, killing bears, bobcats and mountain lions.
- The cattle farmers and ranchers appealed to the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- After all, if they do well, farmers, ranchers and consumers will do well, right?
- This will permit breeding cattle that ranchers will know are more likely to produce consistently tender offspring.
- Farmers and ranchers also need to be aware of recent changes in federal tax code, said Barrett.
- Both models empower ranchers, because they complement and augment the rancher's own storehouse of knowledge and experience.
- Some nomads were settled as farmers, ranchers, or fishermen.
- Due to its low value for livestock forage, it is a concern to livestock producers and ranchers.
- Private armies have flourished with the support of cattle ranchers, large-scale farmers, and investors.
- What worries me is the lack of concern regarding this trend among farmers and ranchers.
- Like you, I struggle to fathom what this will mean for farmers, ranchers, and rural America.
- The livestock industry argues that ranchers have a right to graze on any land near their water rights, even if they do not own the land.
- But consumer groups, allied with many U.S. ranchers and cattlemen, want the labeling to begin on schedule.
- Certified-organic crop farmers, livestock producers, ranchers, and handlers all qualify.
- Within its boundaries live over a hundred human residents, many of whom are farmers or cattle ranchers.
- Previously, ranchers and farmers were allowed to request that portions of their agricultural lease be put up for public auction.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.