In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In 1932 they entered the military market, producing binoculars and rangefinders for the Manchurian campaign.
- We can buy laser rangefinders that are accurate to the nearest foot.
- Other very popular accessories are chronographs and rangefinders.
- If you have never used a rangefinder you probably won't be able to appreciate why this is utterly cool.
- The optical sensor functions as a rangefinder, measuring the height of the target beneath the missile and profiling the target simultaneously.
- Bushnell is an acknowledged leader in the fields of laser rangefinders and binoculars.
- Bushnell offers an extensive line of binoculars, spotting scopes, riflescopes, rangefinders, telescopes and night vision products.
- Like laser rangefinders, night vision equipment is becoming more affordable.
- The fire control system includes a laser rangefinder, computer, wind sensor and, in the latest model, thermal imaging equipment.
- Hunters can also select a scan mode to receive continuously updated distance readouts as the rangefinder scans an area.
- It's now possible to buy a relatively inexpensive rangefinder with twice the power and half the size of rangefinders used only five years ago.
- The electro-optical systems include a television camera, optional infra-red camera and laser rangefinder.
- If you go to Adobe Walls today equipped with a rangefinder you will quickly see that none of the distant buttes are 1,538 yards away.
- There are new palm-size radios, global positioning systems, rangefinders, infrared cameras, laser sights and night vision devices.
- Nikon, Bushnell, Zeiss, Leica and Swarovski are leaders in rangefinders.
- Then add a laser rangefinder to the hunter's kit to eliminate range estimation and sighting errors.
- Teamed with modern telescopic sights, rangefinders, binoculars, and spotting scopes, these modern tools are the most humane hunting implements we, as hunters, have ever had.
- Starting in '06, rangefinders will be legal on the PGA Tour.
- Bushnell's Yardage Pro family of rangefinders has been around a long time.
- Relatively new on the scene, laser rangefinders have improved dramatically in the few short years since they came on the market.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.