1descender en rappel
- Amy, Matt, and Tom each completed their rappel and two climbs.
- During the course troops are trained in advanced communications, Morse code, adjusting both naval gunfire and artillery, forward air control techniques, and helicopter operations, including helicopter rappels.
- Canyoneering starts with a mountain hike followed by a rappel alongside breathtaking waterfalls that drop anywhere from 12 to 120 feet.
- The really strange thing is that on the way up I had collected the gear that Iron Mike and I had placed for our rappels back in 1993!
- If we are descending the Grand Teton and I am setting the anchor for the 120-foot rappel into the Upper Saddle, I have an obligation to form such beliefs as this anchor point is solid only after careful scrutiny and testing.
- With suspended walkways and observation platforms high in the treetops, and rappels down some of the biggest, tallest trees in the world, the views are breathtaking.
- This classic objective adds multipitch rock climbing and a thrilling 150-foot rappel to your bag of tricks.
- Ed managed to get in an anchor, and was able to arrange a rappel back to the ground.
- Rick and Derek rapped down to the ledge, pulled the ropes, set up the next rappel, and started down again.
- Here the group assesses the rappel down the waterfall.
- It was a nice rappel, the redirect caused no problems going down, and there was only light spray near bottom thanks to the redirect and low water levels.
- Every rappel, every belay, was made off just one anchor.
- Far off to one side of the great cliff, we were arranging the short rappels back to the ground via the standard East Ledges descent route.
- We started down and did two rappels in the Stettner Couloir.
- We'll rope up as needed for belayed climbing and rappels.
- With a nod from an instructor, I began the rappel down the ground floor 210 feet below.
- Team Fred had just finished the rappel at Bridal Veil Falls.
- Despite losing her shoe, Katie Long, 11, rappels down a vertical 50-foot wall.
- Then I set up my rappel and checked everything again.
- Archie describes the rappel itself as ‘fabulous from beginning to end,’ but he admits to some healthy trepidation.