In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tunante masculine datedtunanta feminine dated
- Young rapscallions would throw them at people's feet.
- The rest of the population seems to be a hodgepodge of rapscallions who all speak different languages.
- I decided that I would give the rapscallion a severe lashing as recompense for his untimely calling.
- These rapscallions were more likely to flee than fight if confronted by the crew.
- You don't have to read this, you rapscallions, and you can always try writing rude words in the comments section if you want to.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.