In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1gas raro masculine
- There is reason to believe that we might profitably mine for rare gases in the dusty regolith.
- These elements have been known as the rare gases, but some of them are not especially rare.
- Both utilize large, long-lived, and relatively expensive bulbs filled with various combinations of rare gases and a remote ballast.
- The low reactivity of the rare gases is due to the arrangement of electrons in the rare gas atoms.
- The lamp includes a bulbous envelope filled with rare gas and metal vapor and a reentrant cavity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.