In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(person) precipitado(person) impetuoso(action/decision) precipitado(action/decision) imprudenteit was rash of them to accept the offer without consideration — fue imprudente de su parte aceptar la oferta sin antes reflexionar
- in a rash moment I promised her … — en un arrebato le prometí …
- He had obvious talent, but had a habit of making a couple of rash tackles.
- Most call-centre vehicles do have phone numbers displayed, to complain about rash driving.
- Her future takes a dramatic turn when she follows an uncharacteristically rash instinct and travels to the slums of Bombay.
- Got away with just a yellow card for one rash tackle that underlined his commitment.
- So in reality her quick thinking and rash acting had caused Jeff to faint.
- Now is not the time to make any rash decisions, " she said.
- Could I really destroy the chances for the whole group in one rash decision?
- But it was a rash challenge from Simon Francis to give away the penalty.
- There certainly has been no idle chatter preceding this 2000 decider, no rash predictions.
- Everyone discusses their hotels and makes rash predictions for the best pavilions.
- Apart from Rooney's rash moment, which even then was silly rather than truly incendiary, the players emerged with credit.
- Have we really thought through the consequences of rash action now?
- The reformist troops weren't rash or impetuous enough to do something so drastic without direct orders.
- I usually restrain myself from making such a rash move, but it's not easy.
- He said Deputy Fleming ‘should learn his history and not be making rash statements’.
- Luis Garcia goes close after getting away with a rash challenge on the goalkeeper.
- One has to trust, for all our sakes, this isn't a rash prediction.
- John Terry booked after a rash challenge which nearly lost Holdsworth his head.
- A rash action or a hasty decision at this time could have calamitous results.
- But what must be deterred is none other than America's rash action.
1sarpullido masculineerupción femininehe came out / broke out in a rash — le salió un sarpullido
- a rash of strikes — una racha / un rosario de huelgas
- The rash of school shootings in recent months has drawn national attention to this problem.
- Last week, there was a rash of thefts from vehicles parked in SFU parking lots.
- There appears to be little hope that the rash of screener thefts from checked luggage will abate anytime soon.
- The rash appears because part of the immune system is overly sensitive to irritation.
- Five people were killed and 86 injured in the rash of bombings on Dec. 12.
- Nettle rash can also be treated by applying a drop or two of eucalyptus oil to the affected area.
- Symptoms and signs of pneumonia develop a few days after the rash appears.
- The only certain way of avoiding poison ivy rash is to avoid the plant.
- Someone mentioned that there has been a rash of suicides in British juvenile detention.
- The scheme hasn't changed and the personnel wasn't much different until a recent rash of injuries.
- Are you still convinced that guns are the cause of the recent rash of school shootings?
- The rash of strikes on the railways and elsewhere should quickly disabuse them of that delusion.
- Side effects are uncommon but may include an allergic rash, nausea or headache.
- Just like they said when those very same refineries were shut down because of a rash of accidents, it was going to cost us.
- The thought of measles may bring to mind the red, blotchy rash that often accompanies this disorder.
- Chickenpox is a viral infection that causes a red, itchy rash on the skin.
- In Nigeria, federal authorities are clamping down on a rash of crude oil thefts.
- Expect the rash of injuries to continue this season, even without the Olympics.
- Leave her in dirty nappies longer than necessary and she will probably develop a nappy rash.
- Your child with eczema may develop heat rash easily if the skin is overheated.
- Prickly heat is a very itchy red skin rash, causing a prickling or burning feeling.
- In a few cases, major skin rashes appeared 12-24 hr following exposure.
- The women were asked to report any rashes occurring in themselves or their children.
- There has been a rash of construction accidents in Uganda in recent years.
- Certain inflammatory diseases can affect your skin, causing rashes and lesions.
- The run-up to the 30th anniversary produced a rash of new revelations and bitter polemics.
- Equity markets are reeling following a rash of corporate scandals.
- The condemnation follows recent controversy in the US where a rash of product recalls has provoked a safety panic over free gifts.
- Although there is no way to cure a poison ivy rash, you can ease the discomfort.
- There has been a rash of sightings of elephants roosting in trees that has left authorities shaken and dazed.
- More important, there was no rash of accidental shootings by women in Orlando.
- Many babies between the ages of 4 months and 15 months get diaper rash.
- I would have thought it might be more embarrassing to have a rash of your mistakes put on display for everyone to see.
- What's with this recent rash of injuries plaguing the Gang Green?
- Similarly, oregano oil wipes out a fungus called Candida albicans, which causes diaper rash and other ailments.
- During her inpatient stay, this woman developed a painful, unilateral erythematous rash in a butterfly distribution.
- You are infectious from about two days before the rash appears until roughly five days after.
- You might get a little road rash on you arms.
- In particular, a rash of break-and-enters plagued home owners and businesses alike over the past month.
- Her parents said she did not have the rash often associated with the infection.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.