In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1exterminador de ratas masculineexterminadora de ratas feminine
- A few years ago, Owen, from Glusburn, would have been called the rat-catcher.
- Well, this compositional choice surely started with the rhetorical opposition between the local rat-catchers and the western scientists.
- We need to be problem solvers, like rat-catchers and firemen.
- He had a burning ambition to be a rat-catcher at an early age.
- It is equally attractive to rats and is often used by rat-catchers to bait their traps.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.